• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

on call

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

frankeu

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
We are on call for 7 days once a month. Two of those days are considered off days but you still must be available to work. We are compensated 10% for the whole week. Which comes out to .75 an hour. ( 40 hours ) On the off days can we be restricted in our movements? New Jersey law says if you are restricted and cant take care of personel business it is payable. Is the 10% legal compensation for restricting us?
Thanks in advance

R

Ramoth

How restricted are you, and how long do you have to respond when you're called?

F

frankeu

15 minutes to call back to dispatch 2 hours to be on sight. Most calls take me an hour to get to.
Thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You would have to contact the NJ Department of Labor for a definite answer, but in my opinion that is *probably* not restricted enough to require them to pay you at all for the on-call time. 10% is, again in my opinion, probably okay.

Ramoth? Beth?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">