• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

on call 24-7

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babyfroggy1977

What is the name of your state?PA
My husband's job expects him to be on call 24-7, is this legal?
A few weeks ago there was a problem at work but he couldnt' get to it until later because we were looking at houses (this was after working hours). He called his boss and said he can go in later and asked if that was ok - the boss said yes. An hour later the boss and owner of the company are calling my husband, yelling at him becuase he didn't go in right away.
Today, he had an interview futher away - (hopefully he'll get the job so he can leave that nightmare of a place) -so he called in sick this morning (boss said ok). He went to his doctor before hand to get a note. Went to the interview and noticed as he's driving home that work was calling him all day.
Tomorrow is going to be a nightmare because you can't really call in sick at that place - you still have to be "on call" or perform some kind of work at home. I'm sure they'll be yelling at him all day tomorrow, posting his job and interviewing people right in front of him like they've done before.

If he doesn't go in when things happen right away they pull him into meetings all day and tell him how incompetent he is for not going in right away.

Beth3

My husband's job expects him to be on call 24-7, is this legal? Yes.

Your husband has good reason to be looking for a new job but nothing the employer is doing is illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">