• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can an eliminated position be reinstated?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ForMyInfo

New York: :confused:
My team, Global Desktop Publishing (consisting of one supervisor and two subordinates), received position elimination notices. Along with 2 1/2 weeks for every year we worked, we were granted a 60-day period beginning on February 16th through April 16,th of which the first 30 we were required to continue to perform our job functions. Our duties consisted of creating and formatting proposals and presentations that effectively promoted Treasury Services.

On March 16th (30 days later), management notified my co-worker and I of our supervisor’s acceptance to a new position. Forfeiting the severance, she started her job the following morning.

On March 21st, an e-mail is distributed with her job description no different than mine and my co-workers.’

Our supervisor was given the previously eliminated position that she formerly delegated.

We had 30 more days remaining when abruptly we became mistreated and urged to leave the premises as soon as possible.

Has this given me grounds to sue?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">