• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can an employer do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CLN

Florida--I quit my previous job because I was promised several times a promotion that was always given to another employee. My employer refuses to send me my last paycheck, and they are also telling me that my pay rate (per hour) is going to be less on my final check (the check will show a pay rate of minimum wage when I was making $7.00/hr). Can the company do this to me? And is there a way I can take them to court to get the wages I had actually earned and/or collect on other damages for stress caused by all of this?

L

lawrat

You have a duty to mitigate. Which means: better reasonably try to find a comparable job. Otherwise, you sue for what you should have been paid plus interest, minus what you received.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">