• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can an employer have forbid me from having a P/T job?” Part II

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Ohio

This is a continuation of the post “can an employer have forbid me from having a P/T job?” . It seems to have been locked because the children came out to play.

CheeseBlotto posted:

Where on earth do you get this idea? At will means I can fire you for any reason or no reason whatsoever. I can fire you for having a part time job regardless of whether it interferes with your first job. I can also fire you because I don't like the color of your shirt.
I replied with:

I don't think that's true. If an employer breaks the law firing someone, say for a type of illegal discrimination, then there are legal remedies. For instance try "I can also fire you because I don't like the color of your skin". and see what happens.
Manlane58 replied with:

If you don't know, then your post is useless. An at will employer can terminate anyones employment for any reason they like as long as it isn't an act of illegal discrimination under Title VII (race, religion, national origin etc.).
Manlane58 – What do you think I meant by “say for a type of illegal discrimination,”

BelizeBreeze came back with:

Try staying on point and learning something about the law.
BB – Where was I wrong? Just your usually stupid stuff? By the way. I notice thanks to you posting ****’s ie, M--A--R--Y--) address all over your responses now you can’t even key in her name in here anymore. Remember your bragging “here it is again”. I’m sure that went over well! What a jerk...I saved them if you would like to see them. I know with your ego you'll say "go ahead". I will if you want, minus her email address, which you posted for the world to see.

PanzerTanker posted:

Georgia is an at-will employment state. Seperation for any reason that does not violate anything in Title VII IS legal. Including that your shirt is blue, or the sky is green......
I have to post again…I don't think that's true. If an employer breaks the law firing someone, say for a type of illegal discrimination, then there are legal remedies. For instance try "I can also fire you because I don't like the color of your skin". and see what happens.

Mlane58 just came back with an inane:

Or because she has underalls on!
Oowww..that hurt!

PanzerTanker:

I definitely would not fire her for wearing lacy underalls....as long as I got to see them!
Taking correspondence lessons from Mlane58?

Justalayman:

Now THAT could be illegal!
I’ll skip your response other then to say…why did you bother to post other then to be some kind of sycophant to the others?

All of your infantile responses are what closes posts and raises the ire of people coming here looking for help.

Thanks to the folks here that do try and post thoughful responses.

Last edited:

mlane58 said:
Ladies And Gentlemen - Another Satisfied Cutomer!
Instead of posting that tripe that you plagiarized from other posts why don't you address what you posted to me?

If you don't know, then your post is useless. An at will employer can terminate anyones employment for any reason they like as long as it isn't an act of illegal discrimination under Title VII (race, religion, national origin etc.).
and my response to you:

What do you think I meant by “say for a type of illegal discrimination,”
My guess is you won't because you don't have any grounds to. An admittance of error is what an an adult would post. What we got from you was 'Ladies And Gentlemen - Another Satisfied Cutomer!'

I guess that kind of deflection works in your world..

ps..It's "Customer" not "Cutomer".

Last edited:
C

CheeseBlotto

All of this nonsense over nothing.

The general statement would be "except for a small number of reasons specified by law, an employer may fire an employee for any reason or no reason at all".

Because the original topic had nothing at all to do with any kind of illegal discrimination, typing the first clause of the sentence above wasn't neccessary (at least to anyone but you).

Last edited:
I have to respectively disagree. You stated:

Where on earth do you get this idea? At will means I can fire you for any reason or no reason whatsoever. I can fire you for having a part time job regardless of whether it interferes with your first job. I can also fire you because I don't like the color of your shirt.
I took exception to that and posted:

I don't think that's true. If an employer breaks the law firing someone, say for a type of illegal discrimination, then there are legal remedies. For instance try "I can also fire you because I don't like the color of your skin". and see what happens.
You came back with:

You didn't read what I said, or ignored it, and went as far as to say the post was useless. You are the one that posted a categorical statement that was not true and then flamed me when I pointed it out.

I also disagree with your comment:

(at least to anyone but you).
In that as a participant in this forum when someone wrongfully attacks another poster, that poster then defends it, it does matter more then to the original poster. It is a matter of whether to stand by and let another forum member flame someone for pointing out an error or not.

HomeGuru said:
I am so ready to use my delete button. Make my day lacy panties.
What's that supposed to mean? Your acting like IAAL or BelizeBreeze pretending you have more say on this site then you really do! Point out one single statement I posted that deserves that kind of threat!

Look at how you addressed me and tell me that was not inflammatory...

Last edited:
C

CheeseBlotto

"You came back with:

If you don't know, then your post is useless. An at will employer can terminate anyones employment for any reason they like as long as it isn't an act of illegal discrimination under Title VII (race, religion, national origin etc.). "

No, I didn't.

CheeseBlotto said:
"You came back with:

If you don't know, then your post is useless. An at will employer can terminate anyones employment for any reason they like as long as it isn't an act of illegal discrimination under Title VII (race, religion, national origin etc.). "

No, I didn't.
My apologies. That was from another poster.

HomeGuru

Lacy_UnderAlls said:
What's that supposed to mean? Your acting like IAAL or BelizeBreeze pretending you have more say on this site then you really do! Point out one single statement I posted that deserves that kind of threat!

Look at how you addressed me and tell me that was not inflammatory...

**A: ok, keep it up and see what happens to you you trailer park skank..

HomeGuru said:
I challenge your BIG MOUTH to get me kicked off here for this post! I have done nothing but to defend a position that is based in fact.

I post this to all that fear the mighty "HomeGuru"...That threat was a joke!!

:D :) :p :eek: :cool: :D :D

Look at what the response was to a question:

ok, keep it up and see what happens to you you trailer park skank..

Ohh shudder fear fear fear...Oh your ego slays me...

Haa.haaa

If anyone should be locked out of this forum it should be you. You are the one that reduced this discussion to base name calling and threats..,

Your presumption of authority that you don't have is laughable...Haa Haaa Haaa

All the taunting aside...let's address the discussion points of this post...

Last edited:

seniorjudge

HomeGuru said:
HG...password protect your screen saver so that when you step away from the machine You-Know-Who won't hijack it, okay?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">