• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can an employer make its current employees become notaries on employees' own money?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neogeoreloaded

FL: In Florida, can an employer make its current employees become notaries on the employees' own money? Could the employer let the employees go if they do not comply with the request?

I have not been able to see a law that prohibits this in Florida, but it seems fair as employees get to keep their notary seal when and if they leave the company or not.

Any helpful comments welcome.

Thanks.

GonzoFL

You will be lucky to find much if any case law in Florida concerning employee rights. Being a notary,you could easily make enough money on the side to defer the costs.

racer72

Being a notary,you could easily make enough money on the side to defer the costs.
As a license notary, not really. Florida law limits the fee to notarize document to $10 per stamp. I can get up to $14 in my state and I have never made much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">