• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a Employer tell me I cant have any facial hair.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gilleon

What is the name of your state? Texas

My employer is considering a policy that will prohibit any facial hair simply because he does not like facial hair. Can he do that?

Beth3

Yep. The only time the employer would have to CONSIDER making an exception to their policy is if (a) facial hair is a requirement of one's religious beliefs, or (b) an employee has a severe skin condition and shaving aggravates the condition (some African American males suffer from such a condition.)

If you don't fall into either category and you want to keep your beard or moustache, you're free to look for employment elsewhere.

seniorjudge

Gilleon said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

My employer is considering a policy that will prohibit any facial hair simply because he does not like facial hair. Can he do that?
This is just plain Sikh.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">