• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can this be enforced?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veronica1228

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

My company/department is requiring us to wear pins with the company logo/insignia on them. Refusal to do this can result in disaplanary action including termination. This is a bank and my department is basically telephone customer service which means we rarely see customers in person. Is this legal?

racer72

Is this legal?
Of course it is. Employers can set clothing and appearance requirements for the employees and those that do not wish to comply can find employment elsewhere.

JETX

Racer is correct..... as long is it not discriminatory and there is nothing in your post to indicate that is the case.
Now, if the buttons say "I am gay!", then you might have a valid concern.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Veronica1228 said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

My company/department is requiring us to wear pins with the company logo/insignia on them. Refusal to do this can result in disaplanary action including termination. This is a bank and my department is basically telephone customer service which means we rarely see customers in person. Is this legal?

TOP 10 Button Slogans Your Employer Wants You To Wear - -

NUMBER 10: Two buttons - - both look like nipples.

NUMBER 9: "I'm with Stupid".

NUMBER 8: "Touch my button. I'll have an orgasm!"

NUMBER 7: "We service trailer trash!"

NUMBER 6: "Do business with us, and you'll never sit down again!"

NUMBER 5: "Do business with us. Our company has never been on Court TV."

NUMBER 4: "I promise I'll keep my pants on - - unless you ask me to take them off."

NUMBER 3: "Follow me to watch me work for minimum wage."

NUMBER 2: "Please hire me so I don't have to wear this goofy button."

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Button Slogan Your Employer Wants You To Wear - -

"Instead of working, I'd rather be on some sort of Public Assistance!"

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, this can be enforced.

There is nothing whatsoever illegal about requiring employees to wear pins with the company logo or insignia, regardless of what your job is and regardless of whether you regularly come in contact with your client base or not.

Why do you not want to wear the pins?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cbg said:

Because it gives the men-folk an excuse to stare at my rather enormous boobs! That's why! Every time I tell them to stop staring at me, they say, "Hey, I was just reading your button!"

Veronica1228

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg

I don't want to wear the pin because I have a problem being told that something as stupid as this is required. The pin is a magnet which has already wrecked 2 washing machines of friends of mine when they forgot to remove it.

I just think it is such a ridiculous thing to worry about. Am I doing my job? Am I honest and hardworking? Am I loyal to the company? Yes, Yes, and Yes!!! Isn't that more important?

Last edited:

Beth3

I don't want to wear the pin because I have a problem being told that something as stupid as this is required. While you may think it's stupid, obviously management does not and since they get to make the rules, your opinion doesn't count.

The pin is a magnet which has already wrecked 2 washing machines of friends of mine when they forgot to remove it. Stick a note on your washing machine that says "REMOVE PIN" so you won't forget to do so.

I just think it is such a ridiculous thing to worry about. I agree. So why are you?

Am I doing my job? Am I honest and hardworking? Am I loyal to the company? Yes, Yes, and Yes!!! Isn't that more important? Sure it's important. But they still want you to wear the pin.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Veronica1228 said:
I don't want to wear the pin because I have a problem being told that something as stupid as this is required. The pin is a magnet which has already wrecked 2 washing machines of friends of mine when they forgot to remove it.

My response:

Hey, you think you have it bad? Just think about how the employees at McDonald's feel about their buttons!

And, why, pray tell, are you using someone else's washing machines? And why, pray tell, do you feel it's someone else's responsibility to remember to take YOUR buttons off of YOUR clothes BEFORE they're washed? Isn't that YOUR responsibility?

Magnetic buttons? Sounds kinky!

IAAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">