• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a foreigner start a business in the US?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

panasj

I am a German citizen currently on F1 (student)-VISA in Minnesota and for the next few years. I want to start a business where people send me online requests of computer-programs they need, and I will write and send those to them. I am planning to start a company (maybe a LLC?), however I don't know if this is possible for me, yet. I would really hope someone could assist me with their expertise by finding answers to the following questions:
Where should I start my company, in Nevada, Delaware or Germany, and as an LLC or a different type of company? My customers will be for the most part from the US, so would I have to pay taxes in Germany or here in the US? Do I have to or would it be of benefit or disadvantage to have a US citizen be partner in the company? Where should I open up a bank account? Would an account in the US be off-shore for me, since I am German? What country should I host the webpage on, does it matter? Is doing this legal for me or would I need a greencard or other work permit. Would I be able to receive the profits my company makes privately?
I really hope someone can respond to at least some of my questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">