• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Government view immigration records for employment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Firehouseguy

For the State of Georgia and/or Federal Law

I am currently in the process of getting naturalized in the US. I hope to work in a sworn position one day (in some form of law enforcement). I was wondering if an agency can view my records in whole, partial records, or if they cannot/will not view them.

Thank you.

swalsh411

I don't understand your question. Employers are legally required to verify a potential new employee is eligible to work in this country.

Firehouseguy

I don't understand your question. Employers are legally required to verify a potential new employee is eligible to work in this country.
I mean like specifics. Like could they look through my immigration application and forms I filled out for naturalization.

Firehouseguy

It depends on the agency.

If I may ask, why are you concerned?
Its not a concern I am just curious. I fully expect any government form to be on-limits. That being said, I don't know if any forms in the future will have personal questions about my family and such.

Proserpina

Its not a concern I am just curious. I fully expect any government form to be on-limits. That being said, I don't know if any forms in the future will have personal questions about my family and such.

For example, if you want to work with the FBI and/or CIA, they'll quite literally go through every piece of paper you've ever signed in your life, and that of your family and often friends.

Regular police forces though, I'm not so sure.

Maybe Carl can stop by to add some input :)

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
For example, if you want to work with the FBI and/or CIA, they'll quite literally go through every piece of paper you've ever signed in your life, and that of your family and often friends.

Regular police forces though, I'm not so sure.

Maybe Carl can stop by to add some input :)
They talked to everybody they could when my brother applied to a local police force, including my parents' neighbors (though we did not live in that house when brother resided with the family).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">