• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can this happpen?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2timer

What is the name of your state?undefined :confused: I AM A TRUCKDRIVER IN THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI AND MY COMPANY FIRED ME TODAY FOR AN ACCIDENT THAT HAPPENED LAST OCTOBER. THEY KEPT ME ON UNTIL THEY ARE NOT BUSY WITH LOAD DELIVERIES. NO ACTION WAS TAKEN AGAINST ME AT THAT TIME OTHER THAN TALKING TO THE PLANT MANAGER. NOW THAT THEY ARE NO LONGER BUSY I GET FIRED FROM SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED ABOUT 6 OR 7 MONTHS AGO. CAN THEY DO THIS NOW? SHOULDN'T OF IT TAKEN PLACE LAST YEAR? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME FIND OUT WHAT I CAN DO.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Please stop typing in all caps. It makes your post very hard to read and is considered, shouting, on the internet.

Your employer violated no laws. Nothing in the law gives him any particular time frame in which he has to take action. He can fire you two years or more after the fact if he wants to.

You can file for unemployment. You can look for a new job.

Beth3

CAN THEY DO THIS NOW? Yes.

SHOULDN'T OF IT TAKEN PLACE LAST YEAR? Good management practices dictate (but does not require) that an employee be terminated timely, not months after the fact (unless new information about an incident has just come to light.)

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME FIND OUT WHAT I CAN DO. File for unemployment and start looking for a new job. Your employer has acted badly but they haven't acted illegally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">