• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can he be fired?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cajunchelle

My husband got injured in the Army. He has back injury that does not keep him from doing his current job as a Service Technician on RV's. He was hired on knowing of his condition 10 months ago. Today, another employee where he works was complaining that he had to have a work release to go back to work because of a workman's comp claim that he had filed and went to the boss of the company, telling him that my husbands need a work release to work for them. The boss inturn insists that my husband get a work release or be fired. Can they fire him if he refuses to go and get a work release from a doctor when he has never been put on restriction from any doctor? BTW, we live in Louisiana

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, it may be foolish, but there is nothing in the law that prohibits the employer for asking for a release from a doctor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">