• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can and how do you make a former employer pay for traveling costs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Can a former employee make a past employer of almost a year for traveling costs. At this business, employees are paid for mileage for traveling. When the employee was fired he was never paid for $225 of mileage. Is there anyway he/she can get this? If so, how?

JETX

"Is there anyway he/she can get this? If so, how?"
*** Really simple.
Step 1: Get full and correct name and address of employer.
Step 2: Go to local small claims court.
Step 3: Fill out papers, pay filing and service fee.
Step 4: Appear in court at date/time scheduled.
Step 5: Wait for court to call your case.
Step 6: Present your case to court. Hope that defendant doesn't show or that your 'presentation' is believed by the court more than theirs.... and that you have a legal basis for your claim.
Step 7a: If you get a judgment against them.... try to collect.
Step 7b: If you don't get a judgment against them.... go home, get drunk. Move on.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If the underlying question is, does the law say that my employer has to pay my traveling expenses, the answer is, barring a contract that says otherwise, no it doesn't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">