• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can the human resource department do this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scottthefireman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Can the HRD of the city I work for force me to take an earlier appointment with my doctor in order to speed up my permanent and stationary status? I made this appointment with my docter late next month in order for me to get all my retirement paperwork in order and processed through PERS. They HR people made an appointment for me next week without asking me my schedule etc. I am on light duty so they say I can't refuse this appointment.
Please let me know the law on this.
Thanks

Beth3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Can the HRD of the city I work for force me to take an earlier appointment with my doctor in order to speed up my permanent and stationary status? I made this appointment with my docter late next month in order for me to get all my retirement paperwork in order and processed through PERS. They HR people made an appointment for me next week without asking me my schedule etc. I am on light duty so they say I can't refuse this appointment.
Please let me know the law on this.
Thanks
I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Worker's comp? Disability retirement? Something else?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">