• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Bring a Lawsuit Against Multiple People Working at Corporation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freelar

I had a tag

2 managers n 2 Hr people through negligence and misconduct led to me being terminated after 15+ years service.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
2 managers n 2 Hr people through negligence and misconduct led to me being terminated after 15+ years service.
Really? And why were you terminated? Your age? Your ethnicity? Did you have a contract guaranteeing you employment? Have you filed for unemployment?

swalsh411

It is highly unlikely you could sue the individuals personally. And by highly unlikely I mean almost impossible.

Can you sue the company? Sure. Will you win? Maybe. You haven't provided enough to form an opinion. Based soley on your claim of "incompetence" I would say the chances of your success are slim to none. You would have to prove they broke a specific law in terminating you.

freelar

Legality

Thats what I assumes, even though manager changed/falsified a performance review i signed off on corporations can pretty much do what they want.
Thanks

swalsh411

No they can't do whatever they want. They have to follow the law. But there is no law which says you cannot be given an innacture performance review and then fired for it. File for unemployment while you look for a new job.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You can sue them in the sense that no law prevents you from suing. Anyone with a filing fee can sue for anything they want. I can sue you because I don't like your shoes. I won't win, but I can bring the suit.

And you won't win either. First, there are no laws whatsoever regarding performance reviews. Second, just because you don't agree with the review doesn't mean it doesn't relect managements opinion of you.

This is not a wrongful termination as defined by law, based on what you have posted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">