• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Collect Unemployment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chris51122

I live in the state of Pennsylvania and am currently employed by a retail grocery store. Over a week ago I got into a verbal confrontation with a fellow worker. I used inappropriate language and was suspended indefinitely until the Human Resources Manager spoke too me. I was told too file for unemployment over my likely termination but I didn't think that I would be able too collect unemployment because of my insubordination. Its been over a week now and I still haven't heard from the Human Resources Manager or received a formal letter of termination from their attorney. I have also called too speak with him and hes never available. The one discrepancy I have with my termination is that I have complained too my managers and to Human Resources that the fellow employee that I got into the argument with has repeatedly picked on, and harassed me, but nothing has ever been done. I'm also a full time college student with a busy schedule, Ive found it difficult too find another job. Does anybody think that I will allowed too collect unemployment? Thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I think it's questionable, but not necessarily impossible. The devil is in the details. Bottom line, it never hurts to try. There's no penalty for being wrong and the worst that can happen is that you're turned down, in which case you're no worse off than if you don't try at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">