• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I be fired?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saturnsojourner

FLORIDA

I work as a pharmascist's tech in a hospital. Their policy is to fire anyone who associates with any person who has been convicted of a felony. I am married to a man who was convicted of a felony before I met him. He never told me about the conviction. If the hospital where I work found out about this conviction, could they fire me?

Isis1

FLORIDA

I work as a pharmascist's tech in a hospital. Their policy is to fire anyone who associates with any person who has been convicted of a felony. I am married to a man who was convicted of a felony before I met him. He never told me about the conviction. If the hospital where I work found out about this conviction, could they fire me?
i'm a tad bit concerned why you wouldn't know about your husband's past criminal history. but maybe i'm the only one that ever ran a criminal check on my husband before marriage...

yes, they could fire you.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
They could, because there is no law prohibiting it. Whether they will or not is unknown. But if they did, it would be legal.

IF they do, file for unemployment immediately.

Antigone*

FLORIDA

Yes the can, and they can also fire you for wearing green shoes. (Credit to Patti on that one I I think).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">