• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i be fired for child in the hospital

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Deb Jacobson

my child was admitted to hospital , while with my child i was told from my work that i would be terminated for exceting my "time" availible to me . my supervisior never explained to me that i could take a l.o.a. so my employment fired and rehired me to clear my time up but i had to start over from scratch with everything they took insurance benefits away,payed holidays ect.

L

loku

The employer was required to post notices about the Family Medical Leave Act. If the employer did not, you probably have a good case against the employer under the Family Medical Leave Act.

Employees or any person may file complaints about violations of the Family Medical Leave Act with the Employment Standards Administration, U.S. Department of Labor (usually through the nearest office of the Wage and Hour Division). The Secretary may file suit to insure compliance and recover damages if a complaint cannot be resolved administratively. Employees also have private rights of action without involvement of the Department to correct violations and recover damages through the courts.

For the Family Medical Leave Act, see https://law.freeadvice.com/resources/gov_material/dol_family_medial_leave-act.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">