• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be fired for not coming to work on my day off?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

is this somewhere in the US?

I mean, there was a question that asked what state along with "US Law only" and you deleted that. I would have to assume that due to that, this is not in the US or you would have simply provided the state as requested.

So, what state?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And that would be the correct answer in all 50 states, as long as no legally binding and enforceable contract specifically said otherwise.

Stardust26

follow up question...

Ok, so say now you've resigned yourself to taking this day off anyway knowing that termination will likely result. If it does, will this person still be eligible to receive unemployment benefits? My question would relate to the state of NY.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Only the state of NY can answer that one. It would depend on a number of variable factors, none of which we know the answers to.

Antigone*

Ok, so say now you've resigned yourself to taking this day off anyway knowing that termination will likely result. If it does, will this person still be eligible to receive unemployment benefits? My question would relate to the state of NY.
Why are you hijacking this thread. The OP is no where near the State of New York.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">