• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be fired while on LTD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cjojo

I have been on LTD since 5/91 and now being notified that I will be terminated in two weeks unless I return to work. There's no way I can. Can they do this? They say that the
letter of termination is not intended to change the benefits under the company's LTD plan. If I don't return to work and I am terminated I will still receive benefits from the LTD insurance carrier (the people who send me a monthly check) but in 18 months I will lose my COBRA medical, dental, and vision coverage. Can they do this??
How will I ever get medical insurance if I am already sick?
I understood that I would receive LTD benefits (If qualified) till I am 62 and I thought that ment my COBRA insurance. What do I do about this? I am employed by a huge nation wide company and I am in Texas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">