• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get another job with this non-compete?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mass_Shyster

Can you explain your commission pay a little bit more. At 8 bucks an hour a judge will laugh at the company too.
Although that's quite possible, it's also possible that a judge will see this as an opportunity to do some judicial activism. Massachusetts legislators have been proposals for years that would restrict non-competes to people earning $100,000 or more per year.

If this comes before a judge who thinks the legislature has been dragging its feet for too long, s/he may enforce this since it is facially valid.

Joeln1532

Update!!! Need Urgent help

I decided I would take the offer from the potential employer, I passed background and drug check as expected. I gave one weeks notice as it would be a conflict of interest working for both cell phone carriers at the same time. My past employer(the one with the non-compete) manager had found out that I had attended training at the current employer(3 store fronts up) she asked for my keys and relieved me of my duties. She then stated I would be receiving a letter from their attorney, and that the new employer would be receiving a cease and desist( from lawyer only ) .

Is the route they are going about things perfectly legal. I thought with a non-compete you would need to file for an injunction? I was not aware they could just send a cease and desist to the current employer without proving that I had indisputably broken our non-compete covenant? Help some advice please!!!:eek:

I know anyone can send a cease and desist to anyone, but would they be able to file an injunction after that cosidering they went completely around the non-compete? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">