• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i get fired??????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beeger

What is the name of your state? CA

hello, i was arrested for theft a month ago, i was found guilty, but have not been sentenced because i am suppose to complete a video/essay about theft...after i complete it, my case will be dismissed in November.

My question is, since i was arrested, my employer was notified and sent me this letter stating this :

We have been informed of your arrest that could impact your employment status. At the conclusion of your court proceedings, you are directed to present proof of the disposition case to me. Failure to comply with this could result in your release from employment with us.

Do i notifty them NOW, or after my case is dismissed in November? And if i notify them now, what do i say?

Please help you can, don't help if you can't...thanks!

Shay-Pari'e

(QUOTE)At the conclusion of your court proceedings, you are directed to present proof of the disposition case to me. Failure to comply with this could result in your release from employment with us(QUOTE)

What did you not understand?

B

beeger

if it were that easy, i wouldn't have asked.

i was wondering what happens to be from the time being August until November. will i be on probation? laid off? what?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There's no way for us to know the answer to that. It's up to your employer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">