• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I get rehired?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CajunK35

What is the name of your state? louisiana
i was working as a janitor at a company for 5 years. last april without prior notice the whole cleaning crew was laid off. we asked was it something we did. they say no they were happy with our job preformance. before we were laid off we did not know but a cleaning company was contracted to do our jobs. this was done without our knowledge. the company did not want to pay our health insurance, life insurance, dental, cancer policy :(
that is why they said the wanted a contracted company. so me and my husband tried to talk to them said we would get a bussiness license and sumit a bid to keep our jobs so we would not loose our home, land, car. they hired the other cleaning company before we were told this and gave them a one year contract. we resumitted a bid this january'04 when it was time, but no responce. any advice?

P

Pfaffing85690

Start surveying other companys in your area. If you have to keep submitting bids. You have now joined the ranks of the business owner and it's a tough road but very worthwhile.

Beth3

Are you asking if the company did anything illegal? The answer is no. They were free to eliminate your jobs and let you go and hire a cleaning service. They were not required to give you advance notice. Nor do they have to respond to the bid you submitted, although doing so would be the polite thing to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">