• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I qualify for a medical license?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

is it too late

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Hello everyone,
This is my first post on these forums and I hope it's in the appropriate section. I'm a first year medical student and I've worked my butt off to get here today. In the past (>10 years ago), I made poor decisions which resulted in a criminal record. When I was 16, 12 years ago, I was convicted of 3 Disorderly conduct violations which were sealed, 2 years later when I was 18 I was arrested for DUI (1192.1). I missed the court date resulting in a warrant, which ultimately lead to my arrest, when tried in court the charges were amended to an 1180.A. My background check from the county comes back showing all of my sealed arrests in detail, an arrest for a DUI and 1180.D, arrest for a warrant on those charges (DUI), and a final disposition 1180.A and $100 fine. My questions are, when applying for my medical license will they be accessing these county records, if so, how negatively will this hurt me? Also, would the state background check show this and when applying do I have to disclose these events? Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">