• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I take legal action?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kayl

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania

My position was eliminated last year. Several months later, I heard that 2 other positions were eliminated in the same office due to a reorganization and one person was assigned my former position. This evening I saw that the company has posted a job matching my former job description.
Do I have any legal recourse in this matter regarding them having eliminated my position? Also I was the only woman in an all-male office. Is legal recourse contingent on whether they hire a man or woman? Does the length of time between when I was let go and their filling the position have any relevance to my questions?
Thank you.

Beth3

Do I have any legal recourse in this matter regarding them having eliminated my position? No.

Also I was the only woman in an all-male office. Is legal recourse contingent on whether they hire a man or woman? No. More than half the working population is male so the odds are that they will replace you with a man. The fact that you are female is only relevant if they let you go because you are female.

Does the length of time between when I was let go and their filling the position have any relevance to my questions? No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">