• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I View My Employment Record?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CybermatriX

What is the name of your state? California

Hello. I used to work for Sears, it'll be a year since I worked there in November 2005, I was wondering if I have a legal right to look at my employment record that Sears has on me? The reason I would like to know this is because of Sears and whatever it was that they wrote in my record has gotten me denied by about at least more than 5 employers since my firing. Being denied from employment because not knowing whats in my past employment record pisses me off. The only place I can get employement is at a temporary employment staffing agency, as they don't really do a past employment check. And because I'm only able to have employment at a temp. agency I can't work normal hours because I'm in school and they place people with full-time hours. I can only do part-time hours. So, any feedback as to if I have a legal right to view my employment record what they have on record for me at a past employer, I'd be greatfull for any feedback about this issue.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
CA law does allow you to view your employment file. There is, however, no guarantee that what you want to see is in the file.

There can be a great many reasons why someone is not employed. What makes you think it's what your employer is saying about you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">