• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I work by holding Temporary Green Card?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zita9395

What happen is that I have arrived in U.S for a month already, and I am still holding a temporary Green Card. The expired date of the temporary card will be 14th Feb 2014. And now I want to get a job, my employer asked me what would happen if the Actual Green Card is not mailed to me before my Temporary Green Card is expired.

So, I wonder if it's ok for them to hire me even though I am holding a temporary Green Card. Actually, do I just need to give them either of my SSN, Driver License, or Permanent Resident Card to be hired?

Thank you so much!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You need to give them sufficient documentation for them to be certain that you are legally permitted to work in this country.

You will be required to fill out the following form. Please look at the last page of the form, which tells you which documents are acceptable. You will need to provide EITHER a document from column A, OR a document from column B AND one from column C.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">