• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my employer sign my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

david colton

What is the name of your state? Colorado
I have learned that my employer signed my name to a letter which was sent to a vendor the company uses. I was advised that this had taken place only because the COO of the company became concerned that the Vendor would call me or send me an email that he or the President of the company would not see. I also received a copy of a letter that was addressed to me from the vendor. My question - Does my employer (or anyone else instructed by him to do so) have the right to compose a business letter and then sign my name without my knowledge?

Beth3

While it would be irritating to have one's employer sign their name to a letter they did not write (and may not agree with the contents), I can't think of any reason why it would be illegal. There's been no attempt to defraud anyone.

This appears to be one of those "if you don't like the employer's practices, then your option is to move on" issues.

HomeGuru

david colton said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado
I have learned that my employer signed my name to a letter which was sent to a vendor the company uses. I was advised that this had taken place only because the COO of the company became concerned that the Vendor would call me or send me an email that he or the President of the company would not see. I also received a copy of a letter that was addressed to me from the vendor. My question - Does my employer (or anyone else instructed by him to do so) have the right to compose a business letter and then sign my name without my knowledge?
**A: why all the fuss. Is not the various and sundry correspondence in connection with your job as an employee of your employer?

K

kalypso

Maybe I am way off base here.. but I do believe that forging someones signature is a federal offense! I could be wrong.. but I am guessing that I am not too far off on this one!

NO one has the right to forge your signature on ANYTHING! not a check.. not a letter.. not a cell phone contract.. nada!!!!!!

H

hexeliebe

Maybe I am way off base here.. but I do believe that forging someones signature is a federal offense! I could be wrong.. but I am guessing that I am not too far off on this one!
Guess again.

NO one has the right to forge your signature on ANYTHING! not a check.. not a letter.. not a cell phone contract.. nada!!!!!!
Wrong again. I could sign your name, my name or Elvis Presley to anything I want. You are confusing fraud or intent to defraud here with your company's business practice.

Unless you were harmed in some way then it's a non-issue.

And if you don't like the practice, quit.

Besides, I guarantee you there's more to the story than what you have presented here.

K

kalypso

I can promise you that if you signed my name to anything in the state of Indiana, when I found out about it.. . I would have you prosecuted so fast your head would spin.

Anytime you sign anyone else’s name, with out prior consent. You are committing fraud. (Pretending to be someone that you are not!)

And if you don't like the practice, quit.
That was just uncalled for.. There is no reason to be rude.

H

hexeliebe

I can promise you that if you signed my name to anything in the state of Indiana, when I found out about it.. . I would have you prosecuted so fast your head would spin.
Point to any state statute that proves you have a case of fraud. You won't be able to because I can pretend to be anyone I want to be. Unless I do so to gain unfair enrichment or other legally restricted activity such as prescription medication, profession license, etc. you're whistling in the wind.

And you simply don't know what you're talking about.

I was not rude to you but I can be. Just make damn sure you know what you're talking about.

And by the way, the advice to quit was your ONLY option. Go speak with an attorney in your town, pay the $200 and then come back here and whine. Because you'll hear the same damn thing.

K

kalypso

Actually I do know what I am talking about... Hell.. I just had someone arrested last night during our team meeting... (Yeah.. the police came and everything! I am a corporation)

I have noticed several of your posts that you feel compelled to say "And by the way, the advice to quit was your ONLY option. Go speak with an attorney in your town, pay the $200 and then come back here and whine. Because you'll hear the same damn thing."

Just in case you have failed to notice... not every single person that uses these boards are hicks or idiots!

I am guessing that the majority of us use our corporate attorney's, and then pass on useful information we think would be beneficial, I sure as hell know that my attorney’s would never work for 200.00 bucks an hour...

You are a research assistant… your profile states that you post on the average of 22.41 post per day! I must admit… the majority of the ones that I have bothered to read are all negative!

I thought this was the type of place to come to share ideas and get suggestions for difficult situations & questions… Not places for people like you to come and leave half detailed information and sarcastic remarks. I know that I personal would prefer you take your anger elsewhere! Or at least put me on your ignore list… I am sure you are on several peoples already!

H

hexeliebe

You are a research assistant
Well son, if you listen to your attorney's as well as you read then no wonder you don't know $hit from $hinola.

I thought this was the type of place to come to share ideas and get suggestions for difficult situations & questions
Think again. Maybe after that remedial reading class you'll understand the phrase "Legal Forum".

I sure as hell know that my attorney’s would never work for 200.00 bucks an hour
And where did I say $200 an hour? Not only do you not know how to read, you make the same mistake most people who come here and get advice they don't want do, you make assumptions.

Not places for people like you to come and leave half detailed information and sarcastic remarks.
O.K. then you don't like the advice to quit. Too damn bad. Have you noticed that not one person has given you any different advice? Now why is that I wonder? I don't give a rat's ass if you think my advice is sarcastic or not. Why? Because it's your only option.

Unless, of course, as such a knowledgable 'corporation' you feel like spending thousands of dollars trying to pursue this stupidity in court only to find out that without 'intent' you're pissing in the wind.

Or at least put me on your ignore list… I am sure you are on several peoples already!
You don't get off that easily. I do not ignore stupidity.

K

kalypso

You really crack me up!!! You do!!

"Well son, if you listen to your attorney's as well as you read then no wonder you don't know $hit from $hinola."

Evidently you have problems reading and filling out a profile! I am a woman!! Not a man! Your profile clearly states that you are a research assistant. I did not put that there..YOU did!

"And where did I say $200 an hour? Not only do you not know how to read, you make the same mistake most people who come here and get advice they don't want do, you make assumptions. "

Go back and read some of your old posts! You even made that comment here in this thread!

"O.K. then you don't like the advice to quit. Too damn bad. Have you noticed that not one person has given you any different advice? Now why is that I wonder? I don't give a rat's ass if you think my advice is sarcastic or not. Why? Because it's your only option"

What in the hell is that??? My only option where???? Your opinion to quit or having to put up with your egotistical comments!

"Unless, of course, as such a knowledgable 'corporation' you feel like spending thousands of dollars trying to pursue this stupidity in court only to find out that without 'intent' you're pissing in the wind."

It was not me that was looking for the advice! You really seem to have a hard time grasping what is actually being said and by whom! The only thing that I evidently did is use the State of Indiana as a example!

"You don't get off that easily. I do not ignore stupidity."

Well.. you do have to live with yourself! So it makes perfect sence to me that you would have a hard time ignoring stupidity.

Get off your ass.. go out into the world! Start your own business..Stop riding someone else payroll for a change!
Try to make it on your own! It is not as easy as you might think..
I can guarantee that you would not have the time to post as often as you do.. and you might actually learn something about business and the world why you are out there!

Heck.. I bet you could even start your own research company!
The state of Indian is thinking about legalizing gambling. Who started this?? Who paid for this?? Who is supporting this? What would the regulations be?

Get these questions right and I just might hire you to so outside research!

Hey! I will give you your first consulting job if you can tell me what amount of revenue they are assuming Steuben County will receive!
Deliver this information to the club... If correct! (Yeah.. I already know!) I will give you 300 bucks just for your effort! You can't miss the club! It is the ONLY one on the lake..

H

hexeliebe

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">