• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can someone please give me advice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

latoyiar01

What is the name of your state?

I live in Mississippi and I have a hearing Thursday. The new manager didn't want me as her assistant manager because she wanted her friend to have my position. Well from the three days she worked while I was employed, she talked very rude and disrespectful to me. She knew that I had a second job, and totally changed my schedule only to days that I could not work and the owner of the store was aware of my job when they took over the store after the old owners sold it. I was working the other job before I started the assistant manager position. There was no way that I could come in to work at 5:00 on the weekends when I didn't finish my other job until 7:00. There were others that worked two jobs or went to school and she didn't change their schedule. She refused to change the schedule and told me that my work performance was poor and I have evaluations that were scored good and excellent. When I called the new owner of the store and explained to him that there was a misunderstanding with the manager and I. I told him that it was hard to do my job since I am under pressure with the new manager being rude to me. He seemed very confused about situation and didn't say anything so I told him that I was informing him of the problem and he said okay and hung up the phone. The next day I get to work and after two hours of working, I was told to go home by the manager because she was told that I quit and she said she already hired someone in my position that morning. So I asked her does this mean that I don't have my job anymore and she said that if I said I hired someone, doesn't that mean you are no longer working. i then hung up and called the owner and told him that the manager said that I didn't have my job and he said "well you said that it was hard to do your job with the new manager putting you under pressure, and I assume that you quit your job." I told him that I didn't state nor intend to quit my job. He didn't say anything else so I said well there isn't no reason to argue when you and the manager are saying that I don't have my job. Can an employer assume that you quit your job because you are simply telling him that there was a problem and does anyone have any advice on how I can persuade the referee of the hearing that I didn't quit because I didn't quit and I really needed my job?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">