• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can the State pursue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sweet PC

My husband was fired from his position in the Finance Dept. of a well-known American-Made auto dealership in Garden Grove, CA. When he called me he was very upset as they apparently had no "REAL" reason other than staff changes. I called his direct supervisor and had very verbally strong conversation with him, wherein I advised if he fired my husband I would turn around and contact (John Doe),(a DMV Fraud Investigator for the State of CA. and advise of all the fraudulent activity that "I KNOW" goes on at the dealership. He responded, "You are going to ruin your husband's career over this?" My response was, "I am not ruining his career you are by dismissing him from your company just because you have not had your Vicaden today." I do not believe he ever signed an Idemnification/Hold Harmless Agreement or a Non-Disclosure Agreement releasing his direct employer, your company, from any liability or from answering to or defending him should a lawsuit arise during the course of his employment with --- of G.G." As my husband was previously coached by one of the partners and his direct supervisors during an interview with State Investigator... Would they have to defend my husband against a customers allegation/or a State conducted investigation if any illegal procedures may have been conducted...p.s. this sort of activity is directly dictated by his direct supervisors or directors... Or can they just wipe their hands clean and pass the buck onto my husband even if he would ask for immunity as he may have been scared of losing his job with two new cars and a 6 month old new home????

I would certainly appreciate any/all answers/responses I may receive..

Sincerely Curious OUTSPOKEN Wife..
PC in G.G., CA.

[Edited by Sweet PC on 07-30-2001 at 03:50 AM]

Last edited:

L

loku

I believe if a person commits a crime during the course of his employment, the company has no duty to defend him; however, it is usually to their benefit to do so, because if the imployee committed the crime on their behalf, the company could also be criminally guilty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">