• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can sum1 help me with this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

psx5587

What is the name of your state?NewYork

so ive been working at this supermarket for about a week and im not in the union yet. one day the manager asks sumthing about how long im gonna stay, and i was thinking if i should tell him the truth that i was going to college upstate so i woudlnt b able to work there past the end of the month.

anyways i come in one day and hes like, "didnt i tell you, i dont want you coming here anymore".

he didn tell me anything before that day so i was wondering if my rights have been violated. also he hired me assuming that i was going to stay working there. he did not ask me how long i was planning to stay. so basically to me it seems like he fired me for no reason at all.

also i was wondering if it would be on my record, that i was fired, or i can i just go in and tell them i quit so that on my record it would say that i quit instead.

plzz help, thanks.

pattytx

How your employer records your reason for termination is up to them. There is no legal requirement regarding that. In addition, "at-will employment" means that an employer may fire an employee at any time, except for legally prohibited reasons, such as race, gender, etc., and conversely, an employee may quit for any reason at any time.
What your employer did was not illegal, although it may have been unfair in your eyes, and you have no legal recourse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">