• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can temp employ.agenices share all your advice with all their clients?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

searchosaurus

What is the name of your state?

Virginia, Fairfax county.

Can temporary employment agencies and staffing companies share all your information, even when one client doesn't like your work, with all their clients without your permission/

The reason why I ask this, is that if later, I want to try to get a permanent job ata company, after I don't work for the temp agency anymore, will the company not be able to hire me due to contractual obligations to the said temp agency, EVEN IF I am not working with that temp agency anymore?

I used to work with "x". Now I don't. Later, maybe even a year later, I try to get a job with company "b". But company "b" has a contract with a number of temp agencies.

Will company "b" not hire me, due to the fact that I used to work with temp agency "a"?

Even if the answer is no (good answer), isn't a known fact that temp agencies are dangerous to work for in developing a good resume?

Thanks in advance?

My goal is to find out the legal advice of protecting oneself from slander or bad job history at one place be automatically transferred to other company records.

Beth3

Can temporary employment agencies and staffing companies share all your information, even when one client doesn't like your work, with all their clients without your permission/ Yes.

The reason why I ask this, is that if later, I want to try to get a permanent job ata company, after I don't work for the temp agency anymore, will the company not be able to hire me due to contractual obligations to the said temp agency, EVEN IF I am not working with that temp agency anymore? Without knowing if what, if any, agreements there are between the agency and their clients it's impossible to comment.

Will company "b" not hire me, due to the fact that I used to work with temp agency "a"? That's not likely to be a factor.

Even if the answer is no (good answer), isn't a known fact that temp agencies are dangerous to work for in developing a good resume? Dangerous to work for? Huh?

I think you're imagining a number of problems that in all likelihood just don't exist.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">