• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NORTHERNREBEL1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I RECENTLY HAD A HEALTH PROBLEM THAT PUT ME IN THE HOSPITAL THEN SENT HOME TO RECOVER. AFTER 5 WEEKS OF MY MISSHAP AND BEING ON STD I NOTICED THAT MY EMPLOYER PUT AN ADD OUT FOR MY JOB. IT HAS BEEEN ABOUT 8 WEEKS AND WAS PLANNING ON GOING BACK SHORTLY, NOW I RECEIVED A CERTIFIED LETTER THAT I HAVE TO PICK UP I CAN ONLY SPECULATE THAT THIS A TERMINATION NOTICE CAN THEY DO THIS

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Please do not type in all caps; it makes your post hard to read and is considered shouting on the Internet.

The answer to your question is Maybe. It depends upon your answers to the following questions:

1.) How long have you worked for this employer?
2.) In the 12 months immediately preceding your leave, had you worked a minimum of 1,250 hours?
3.) How many employees does the employer have within 75 miles of your location?
4.) It is unclear if you have been out for 5 weeks, 8 weeks, or 13 weeks. Which is it?

swalsh411

IF (and that's a big if) you were eligible for FMLA leave, did you request it before taking an absense?

edit: oops beaten by cbg lol

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">