• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they Change the Job Qualifications After the interview process?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Assertive65

What is the name of your state? PA

Can my employer change the job qualifications after the interview process? The employer posted a position with certain qualifications. Several people were interviewed for the position. Some of us were qualified.

When I asked for an update, the HR person said they are still looking for someone with certain qualifications. I said "Could I ask you what qualifications you are looking for that I do not have" The HR person said "previous supervisor experience etc. I asked him if he could require the NEW person to have this experience, when two out of three that already do that job do not have the qualifications? The HR person said "Yes, because they change the grade level"

Three people are doing the same job, one is a 108, one is a 109 and one is a 110. The original post for this position was a 109?

I think the only reason they changed the qualifications was to eliminate us from getting the job.

Again:
1) Can an employer change the job qualifications after the interview process?
2) Is it legal to require the NEW person to have certain qualifications, when 2 others do not meet these requirements?

A

Assertive65

Sorry, I pressed the submit button twice. Do you know how I can delete this one? Please take the time to read my other reply.

Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">