• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

servicetech0021

What is the name of your state? Illinois
I worked at a manufacturing plant doing maintenence for about 7 months. On 3-20-07 they fired me. I have never been written up for anything. They said I had wired up a press and left it unsafe with wire nuts ( not bare wires ) exposed. They said someone of my pay should know better and that my head wasnt in it. Once again I have never been written up and I passed my 90 day probation. Do I have any re-course?What is the name of your state?

Betty

Since Il. is an at-will employment state, you can be fired at any time for any reason or for no reason (unless you have a contract that says different). By the same token, you could have left/quit your job at any time for any reason. You have no recourse. The only reasons you couldn't be fired for are the protected classes - ie age, sex, religion, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">