• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they do that to me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sue2000

I'm an indenpendant contractor, and back in June I accepted a 6 month contract with a rectruiting firm to do a project for a major retailer. Thinking that my contract would last at least through the end of December, I was fortunate enough to find a rental house in a market where it is virtually impossible to find something on short notice. The rental lease would be from July to February of 2001.

I recently found out that the large retailer intended to terminate my contract after only three months, which would mean I would have to find another contract in a month's time. I have two little kids under the age of two, and moving has become a major undertaking for us.

Who can I hold responsible for this? I have a signed contract stating that my contract would be for 6 months. Can the recruiting agency do this to me? Can they sign people up for a 6 month contract, then for no reason at all tell me that they changed their minds? They repeatedly told me that I'm an excellent technician, but that the large retailer only needed my services for three months.

I was fooled, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">