• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they fire me for this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

balric

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I have not been fired yet but I want to know if it is possible. I work at a gas station that tapes what goes on in the stores incase someone tried to rob us. They also have a microphone up by the registers to hear what is being said. If I ever happened to say something they did not like could they fire me for it?

My second question. I have been working at this place for 2 years. If I get fired can I get unemployment? I do have another job online making websites part time. It is not guaranteed monthly income but I normally have some jobs every month.

Thanks,
Rick

O

oberauerdorf

You can be fired for wearing the wrong color boxer shorts.

As for unemployment, this is not a crash course on legal theory. Either you have a definate case or not. No one is going to pull their crystal ball out and tell you all the permeations that could result in you being fired and getting U.C.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
1. Yes.

2. It depends entirely upon your state law and the specific circumstances of your firing. No one can tell you whether or not you will be able to get unemployment for a termination that hasn't happened yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">