• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can they fire me again over this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lkenny

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I was recently fired and I did fight it and got my job back. However, they are harrassing me and making things difficult for me. I was fired wrongfully. They wanted me to get a certification and I did with the American Heart association. Upon coming back, they are making me take their version of this exam, and I took it but did not obtain what they count as passing, so I am taking it again-but this is the last time they will allow me to take it. I have confidence I will pass this time but the stress has been ridiculous. Technically I am certified, why they are making me take their test is just to make it hard for me i feel. my director even went as far as insinuating that my certification wasnt valid! Its the american heart association who certified RNs in pretty much everything, how can you question it, i had to provide her with info about the facility and give her a name and number to talk to someone. is that not harrassment?

las365

Are you being treated differently than other employees? If so, how are you different from them? Clue: is it your race? Gender? Religion? Some other characteristic that is protected by law?

Lkenny

i think so

No I am white. Female, but pregnant. no pitty there.
I feel that I am treated differently. Other people who have had to take this test have been given a lot longer than me to prepare, and remediation time. I am told nobody has time for me and that they cant believe they areallowing me to take the test again. Also I only screwed up a part of the test, and I am being told I have to re take the entire thing, others who have messed up a part have only had to re take that part.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, but probably 95% of the people who post here thinking they were wrongfully terminated, were not. Getting your job back does NOT mean the termination was illegal. It might have been - it might not have been. What was the reason you were initally given for the termination, and what do you think the reason was, if different?

Lkenny

I had already posted about it when i was initilly fired. I got an attorney and was given my job back. My question now is I got certified by the american heart association. If i went to work anywhere else there would be no question about it, no additional test to take. I think they are making me do this to try and get rid of me even though i have the proper cert.

las365

You seem to be missing the point of the questions. WHAT do you believe is the reason they want to get rid of you? What was the basis for your claim that your termination was inequitable or illegal? Did your attorney assert that you had been illegally discriminated against?

Beth3

Nothing in your post suggests that your employer is doing anything illegal, including the prior termination.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I do not have the time or inclination to go looking for your prior posts. I don't get paid for answering your questions and I have limited time to volunteer.

If you care to answer my questions, which were asked for a specific purpose and the answers to which can affect your options now, I may be able to help you. If you don't wish to, then all I can do is wish you good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">