• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they tell others

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

baron403

My daughter recently found out that her part time position was being replaced with a full time worker. Her aunt works for the same company and was told that my daughter made too many personal phone calls and used the computer too much - no one has ever told my daughter of any wrong doings -she has never been repremainded by a manager. Can they tell another co worker of personnel problems, relative or not?

seniorjudge

baron403 said:
My daughter recently found out that her part time position was being replaced with a full time worker. Her aunt works for the same company and was told that my daughter made too many personal phone calls and used the computer too much - no one has ever told my daughter of any wrong doings -she has never been repremainded by a manager. Can they tell another co worker of personnel problems, relative or not?
Q: Can they tell another co worker of personnel problems, relative or not?

A: Yes, haven't you ever read the Constitution? It's called The Freedom of Speech (First Amendment).

Gadfly

no one has ever told my daughter of any wrong doings
Oh come on now! There has to be some expectation that when you are at work you need to be doing work, not making personal calls. If she doesn't have some basic understanding of what work is about, why should there be any attempt to keep her?

HomeGuru

Gadfly said:
Oh come on now! There has to be some expectation that when you are at work you need to be doing work, not making personal calls. If she doesn't have some basic understanding of what work is about, why should there be any attempt to keep her?

**A: because that makes too much common sense.

kyman1

what

There is a thing called slander. The truth will defeat any slander suit. In real world call them and threaten to go to court if statement repeated.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In the real world if they tried that they'd be laughed out of court. There is nothing that even remotely resembles slander there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">