• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can voicing your view of how a volunteer organization being run be held against you?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amkus19439

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland
I feel I am being pushed and punished for simply voicing my views and opinions on how a volunteer organization is being run. The organization has screwed me over in the past and have had to fight through harassment, a volatile and hostile work envoirment, and collections due to upper management's laziness and tardy approach to a situation.

-Facts There is a current breach of contract i meet all requirements on my end of the deal (there was i time i did not meet all requirements but still was an effective and productive member.)
-Fact I was notified yesterday I will be receiving a written reprimand over my "rant" The rant was set in a non formal setting the person serving the reprimand and disciplinary actions was not at the location of the time of the so called "incident"
-Fact My work performance has gone even higher in fear of a poor reference I have also had to drop a few hiring processes in fear of a poor recommendation.
-Fact A few weeks ago I was the center of a personnel meeting, where I was the scape goat for other peoples problems that incident made me withdraw from employment processes in fear of a bad reference check.

xylene

despite the write up, your actual issue and question is oblique and hard to understand.

could you provide more info and clarity please.

justalayman

so, if you are a volunteer, why are you still a volunteer?

if you aren't a volunteer:

-Facts There is a current breach of contract i meet all requirements on my end of the deal (there was i time i did not meet all requirements but still was an effective and productive member.)
then either sue for breach of contract or if applicable, contact the department of labor

-Fact I was notified yesterday I will be receiving a written reprimand over my "rant" The rant was set in a non formal setting the person serving the reprimand and disciplinary actions was not at the location of the time of the so called "incident"
Irrelevant. They can reprimand you for using the wrong fork for your salad at home last night.

-Fact My work performance has gone even higher in fear of a poor reference I have also had to drop a few hiring processes in fear of a poor recommendation.
That makes no sense other than it sounds like you were not dedicating yourself to this employer because you were either looking for other employment or moonlighting. Now, since you have quit moonlighting or undertaking an active job search, you can now do more work. That's good.

-Fact A few weeks ago I was the center of a personnel meeting, where I was the scape goat for other peoples problems that incident made me withdraw from employment processes in fear of a bad reference check.
and? Not seeing your point.

swalsh411

I highly doubt you have an actual contract or a genuine hostile work environment.

Your decision to not list this organization as a reference was entirely your own.

eerelations

OP, I can't see how you can expect an informed and accurate response without providing more information. It might help if you deigned to answer the following questions:

1. Are you an employee or a volunteer?
  2. What is this contract you're talking about and how is it being breached?
  3. What do you mean by "non formal setting"?
  4. Can you provide the legal basis for your belief that the author of the reprimand must have been present at the time of your "rant" for said reprimand to be valid?
  5. What was the rant about, precisely, and to whom did you address it?
Thanks.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Can voicing your view of how a volunteer organization being run be held against you?

Yes.

Next question?

Hot Topic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland
I feel I am being pushed and punished for simply voicing my views and opinions on how a volunteer organization is being run. The organization has screwed me over in the past and have had to fight through harassment, a volatile and hostile work envoirment, and collections due to upper management's laziness and tardy approach to a situation.

Do the organization a favor and quit. I "feel" that they shouldn't have to waste their valuable time on a troublemaker like you.:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">