• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you beat the bosses son?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

molly812

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
I have a friend that was fired for leaving a trucking company with a load on his truck. He told the disbatcher he had a Dr. apt. and then the disbatcher told his dad which is the co-owner of the company that he was not notified of this Dr. apt. My friend had many problems with the dispater as well as most of the other drivers but he was one of the more vocal ones. I feel he was fired because of the poor realationship with the dispater. They reacently hired a guy that they previously fired for the same thing? :confused:

Beth3

Can you beat the bosses son? At what? Nothing in your post remotely suggests the employer did anything unlawful in firing your friend even if the dispatcher lied to his father.

molly812

Beat the bosses son at his own game! Getting his way no matter what is right. I have been in Mgt. for over 15 years and it is never a pleasure to have some one work for you that always jumps your butt and is vocal about every mistake you make. The dispater is new at this job and makes alot of mistakes but they say that drivers a dime a dozen and don't want to listen to anything any of the drivers have to say. Even though the driver has been doing this job long before the dispatcher was dispatching hot wheels out of the front yard.

Maybe it is because I know all the people involved that this just does not seem fair. The comany is a small new company and the have no written rules on anything. No one ever said this was something that would get him terminated. I know that the dispatcher was told that my friend had to go to the Dr. and that is why he did not want another load. The dispater took it on himself to make sure that my friend was sitting on a load for two days therefore he could not get home to go to the Dr. My friend brought the load in and that is how it got left on the truck. My friend expained what happened to the owner and he said he would take care of it and this would not be a problem. Then a couple of days goes by and he is called in to the office and told that he must be let go for leaving the load on the truck. Maybe I am way off base but that just does not seem right. Maybe just a lesson learned "Don't work for a small company that has lots of family working at the same location"

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Maybe it is because I know all the people involved that this just does not seem fair.

No one said it was fair. But just because it's unfair doesn't mean it's illegal.

Beth3

Beat the bosses son at his own game! The critical piece here you are missing is that in the power equasion in this situation, you have absolutely none.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">