• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cant find work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cubbies

What is the name of your state? iowa

I have a walking disability and it prevents me from getting a job, however I owned my own business and am very qualified for every job I apply.

I currently have run out of job leads and wandering what to do? How do I go about doing anything?

I owned my own Resteraunt and have applied for shift manager positions at several local fast food establishments

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Quite frankly, there are just too many people looking for too few jobs these days. It's not necessarily your disability. I know people with plenty of experience, excellent references and who are pursuing the job market daily, and who have been unemployed for a year or more because there just aren't enough jobs. There can be up to 300 resumes submitted for one position - most of whom will never even get called for an interview.

Network! Talk to everyone you know. Who do they know that might be looking? Are there websites related to your speciality? Use them! Check trade magazines for additional leads.

Those are a few ideas; someone else may have more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">