• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't get a job...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PO'edE

Just after my 18th Birthday, I borrowed my aunt's car and drove it across the state line without permission which resulted in a felony conviction in AZ. I've moved to Washington state and now have a wife and new baby... After filling out an application at Wal-Mart, I was asked in for an interview. After the interview I was offerd (and I accepted) a position on graveyard shift in shipping & Receiving at 7.75/hr and a guarantee of full time employment. They asked me to submit to a U.A. I told them I'd do the U.A. "...after I checked in with my probation officer." The interviewer then retracted the offer because of the felony, which I had divulged on the application.

Did a contract exist and if so did Wal-Mart break it? It’s obvious that this was “wrong,” but do I have any recourse against Wal-Mart?

Signed ... PO'ed

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">