• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

career day

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marlad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? chicago il i work for an airline in payroll.....one of the gate agents occasionally brought me food from inbound flights that was to be tossed in the garbage......instead of this being the issue...they gave me a career day stating i was not honest.....this based upon what the other individuals involved said.....the investigator refused to use more concrete evidence....such as i was not in the oc (the person who reported me) presence for more than a few seconds and they would not have been able to advise me of the company policy....and the other person invovled lied through her teeth to to protect her employment....and they could have caught her in such a lie by pulling an atac on a computer to discover who was at that computer and witnessed a conversation......the incident the oc called me and said there was a tray on the podium with my name on it.....and told me i needed to come and get it.....the only person who was behind such was another agent....and i asked about her.....and she indeed was at the gate....so i went and got it.....i had no prior knowledge and had never gone up stairs to get food it was always in the fridge with my name on it....i felt entraped.....everyday i see folks eating food from the planes that is to be thrown out.....i would like to sue or do something with this oc who entrapped me and then lied....if i could get a career day over this i could get fired over anything

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? chicago il i work for an airline in payroll.....one of the gate agents occasionally brought me food from inbound flights that was to be tossed in the garbage......instead of this being the issue...they gave me a career day stating i was not honest.....this based upon what the other individuals involved said.....the investigator refused to use more concrete evidence....such as i was not in the oc (the person who reported me) presence for more than a few seconds and they would not have been able to advise me of the company policy....and the other person invovled lied through her teeth to to protect her employment....and they could have caught her in such a lie by pulling an atac on a computer to discover who was at that computer and witnessed a conversation......the incident the oc called me and said there was a tray on the podium with my name on it.....and told me i needed to come and get it.....the only person who was behind such was another agent....and i asked about her.....and she indeed was at the gate....so i went and got it.....i had no prior knowledge and had never gone up stairs to get food it was always in the fridge with my name on it....i felt entraped.....everyday i see folks eating food from the planes that is to be thrown out.....i would like to sue or do something with this oc who entrapped me and then lied....if i could get a career day over this i could get fired over anything
Thanks for sharing...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Okay, I give up. What's a career day, other than a day when high school seniors listen to talks on various options for, obviously, careers?

pattytx

I thinking it's an unpaid suspension for a day while you think about whether you want to continue your "career" with this employer. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">