• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case or not wrongfull termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDOT

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

I was laid of because what they said was least experienced man on the job and I was the senior man on my shift but there was 2 other who was least experienced than me and can prove it and i never missed a day of work and was never late...wondering of I have a case or not...oh yea and the 2 people who is there has family that has influence thats family why they got to stay ?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

I was laid of because what they said was least experienced man on the job and I was the senior man on my shift but there was 2 other who was least experienced than me and can prove it and i never missed a day of work and was never late...wondering of I have a case or not...oh yea and the 2 people who is there has family that has influence thats family why they got to stay ?
Because management liked the color of their socks. :cool:

File for Unemployment and start job hunting.

KDOT

That's what I am doing but still would like to know if I have a case or not against them because I feel I have been wronged

Proserpina

That's what I am doing but still would like to know if I have a case or not against them because I feel I have been wronged

This is not an unlawful termination by any stretch of the imagination.

Do as Geekess suggested - file for UI.

KDOT

I got on here. To see if I had a case but no help at all this site is bs because I have seen several different post and that's all they say file for ui if that's the only answer there I'd then maybe I should start giving advice..tell me how I was not wronged and i will retract what I just said

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I got on here. To see if I had a case but no help at all this site is bs because I have seen several different post and that's all they say file for ui if that's the only answer there I'd then maybe I should start giving advice..tell me how I was not wronged and i will retract what I just said

To quote one of our resident HR persons:

1.) A wrongful termination does not mean that you were fired for something you didn't do; it means that you were fired for a reason prohibited by law. 2.) The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding contract or CBA expressly says otherwise. If it does, the terms of the contract apply.

Proserpina

I can see why they let you go. It would probably be a good idea for you to drop the pettiness and the attitude.

You were NOT illegally terminated. Was it unfair? Perhaps. But it was perfectly legal.

We'll expect your retraction in your next post.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Here's a little more in-depth answer:

Overview

In the United States, most employers hire employees "at-will," meaning that both the employer and employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time. Employees can quit at any time. Likewise, employers may terminate an employee at any time unless the parties signed an employment contract that sets the duration of employment or the employer seeks to terminate the employee for an illegal cause.

Discrimination

Federal and state laws protect employees from illegal job discrimination. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits employers from discriminating against their employees because of their race, skin color, religion, gender or national origin. In addition, Congress has expanded protection against job discrimination to age discrimination with the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 and disability discrimination with the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990. The Civil Service Reform Act of 1978 prohibits federal employers from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation and sexual orientation.
http://www.justia.com/employment/firing-wrongful-termination/

(I am not affiliated with any website linked to in this post. It is being posted as a courtesy.)

Last edited:

KDOT

What advice!!!! ... Lol ima talk to a lawyer face to face !!!! I hate to have a negative attitude when I give all the help I can give not for advice but I am a very good person... Who dosnt expect a thing in return...I was just asking a question and like many other answers I seem on here is file for ui well I have done that and may possibly loose my house and all the stuff i worked for....all because some daddy's son or whatever needs their job because they are family and if they lose their job then the daddy threatens to quit and they loose two is stead of one good worker. I guess u can say I'm just ranting but fair is fair in my book and I was wronged so when u go to work tomorrow think about my words and say maybe I will be in his position next...

Last edited by a moderator:

sandyclaus

Ah forget about it good night people
Just because you weren't their favorite doesn't mean that your termination was wrongful.

An employer can fire you because they say the sky is purple and you disagree with them. That doesn't mean that what they did was illegal and warrants a lawsuit lottery for you.

Proserpina

Just because you weren't their favorite doesn't mean that your termination was wrongful.

An employer can fire you because they say the sky is purple and you disagree with them. That doesn't mean that what they did was illegal and warrants a lawsuit lottery for you.

Not even a lawsuit scratch card ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">