• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cash shortage and unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thoth200

What is the name of your state? South carolina

Ok i work for a hotel in south carolina and my cash drop was short $100 i know it was my fault that it short but i don't know how is happened but it did. now my employer want me to pay it back. i do know a little about the state law and it states that they can't force me to pay it back. my question is if i say no to paying it back and they fire me can u get unemployment? i don't want to have to get it but if i can't find another job soon enough it would help out a lot. can any one help me out with this? o just to let you know this is the first time my drop was wrong and the only time i have ever gotten in trouble at this job and i have been there for 3 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">