• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

casual labor pay??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ricki

I was just let go on the 4th day from a new job. The boss stated "it isn't working out." I was hired as a salaried employee at $400.00/wk. She stated she was going to pay me "casual labor pay."
What does that mean and am I entitled to full pay for the days I worked?
Thanks!
Ricki

JETX

I have no idea what her interpretation (or any 'legal' definition) is of 'casual labor pay'. Unless she is implying that she will pay you only minimum wage (that of a 'casual' or part-time worker).

In any case, since you were hired at $400.00 per week, assuming a standard 40 hour week, that would make your 'wage rate' to be $10.00 per hour.

I would consider filing a complaint with your state labor 'board' if you are paid less $10.00 per hour for EVERY hour worked.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">