• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cellphone Transcripts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

savyuk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah
A contractor worked at our plant for 2 months and then was let go. He is very bitter and angry about it and has called our local HR office and waged a complaint about most of us workers. He has accused me of wanting to harm one of the supervisor's. My question is that if they where to fire me over this accusation can I subpena or a court order to access cell phone tranuscripts? Do they even have cell phone transrcipts?

Hot Topic

Since the complaint involved most of the workers, I suspect that HR would take it for what it was - an attempt to avenge his firing by blaming it on the workers. Unless his contract said otherwise, the company was free to terminate him any time.

He would have to have proof of the threat you made. He would also have to prove that he "alerted" some authority to the threat when he was still employed.

justalayman

cell phone transcripts? Do you suggest that somebody is listening to every phone call and transcribing it?

Uh, that would be a negative on that one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">