• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

century personnel service keeping 1/2 of pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I went to Century Personnel Temp service in MO to get work. They tested me, gave me papers to sign, which i was stupid in not reading because they didn't tell me that i was signing a paper stating that if i didn't give a weeks notice upon leaving they would keep 1/2 of my pay check. Also, i was refused my pay check Friday because they wanted me to fill out 2 Government paper and i didn't have time to stay there and fill them out because i had an appointment to get to. So, i was told i could not have my check.
12 people walked off the job that started the same day as i did and did not give any type of notice and got full pay. I gave a days notice and they told me they will keep 1/2 my pay. So i asked why are they keeping mine when i gave notice and none of the other women i know didnt give any. I was told i picked the wrong time to call and the wrong person to talk talk to. I want to know my rights and is there anything i can do to fight this?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Yes, there is something called an adhesion contract -- whereby you are forced to sign stuff -- like SAT tests for college and there is something called UNCONSCIONABLE CONTRACTS -- this is what you have.

You worked, you should be paid. If this money they are keeping looks a lot like a penalty (which it seems to be), then you can collect both the amount originally owed, interest, and perhaps extra (depending on your state law and if this was "malicious" or not).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">