• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chain of events question- UC- FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rachel9888

What is the name of your state? FL

Hi, if I quit my current job and got hired someplace else and then the new job didn't work out, would my first employer be charged for the UC benefits and/or be involved in the decision to grant unemployment benefits?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In some states only the most recent employer is charged; in others all employers in the last x months. I have been unable to determine which way Florida does it - the web site isn't exactly brimming with information. You might need to call them.

IF the first employer is charged, they would have the legal right to contest benefits. As always, however, it is the state, and not any employer, who makes the final decision.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">